This page lists the contents of my Journal; for a more traditional blog, see Posts.
Selected Passages From Correspondence With Friends
Volume 3 (2015)
- Logic and Inequalities: A remedial course bridging GCSE and undergraduate mathematics, pp. 1-6. [goo.gl/wl0i06]. Superseded by bit.ly/1FZDj0P
- Derivation in A Level Mathematics, pp. 7-8. [goo.gl/XsxFRR]
- “Impossible examination” and the nature of “modelling”, pp. 9-16. [goo.gl/rkI2eR]
- George Boole, Global Hero, pp. 17-20. [goo.gl/jTHSEr]
- Naming the Numbers, pp. 21-48. [goo.gl/eG7wpX]
Volume 2 (2014)
Volume 1 (2013)
- A monotonous bounded sequence as a metaphor for mathematics education, pp. 1-2
- Elementary Calculus: Real vs Analytic, pp. 3-8
- The strange fate of abstract thinking, pp. 9-12. [bit.ly/2907Mmi]
- Mathematics discovered, invented, and inherited, pp. 13-28. arXiv:1309.3073
- A personal take on synthetic phonics, pp. 29-44. [bit.ly/1YuHYUX]
- Relationality of teaching, the Khan Academy, and word problems, pp. 45-50.